Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Finally a new meal!!

I'm embarrassed to say that I haven't made anything new in a week!  I've just been repeating some recipes I already posted. I swear Brent could eat the same thing every night for a week and be perfectly happy.  This must be a man thing because my mom has told me that dad does it too.  She can just about guarantee that when she asks him what he wants for dinner, he'll say.... salmon.  Brent's the same way.  Once I make something he likes, he just wants that for dinner every night.  I don't know if I should be flattered that he likes something I made... or annoyed that he doesn't have faith that I can keep making good stuff.  So last night we tried something new, and it was another success!  Very yummy.

Chipotle Pork Tacos!

1 lb pork tenderloin                   $6.00
1 cup shallots                           $1.56
4 Tbsp chipotle sauce               $0.89
1 lime (juice and zest)               $0.45
1 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic           fridge
1 tsp dried oregano                   pantry
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil       pantry
1/4 tsp. salt                              pantry
1/2 cup light sour cream           $1.89
8 corn tortillas                          $0.89

1. Pound the tenderloin to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into strips
2. Mix lime zest, lime juice, chipotle sauce, garlic, oregano and salt in a bowl with the pork.
3. Cut the shallots into small strips. 
4. Put 1 Tbsp oil in the pan and saute the shallots for approx. 4 mins.  Take out of pan and put aside. 
5. Add the remaining Tbsp of oil to the pan and cook the pork strips until only slightly pink in the middle (or all the way cooked if you like it that way!)
6. Heat up 2 corn tortillas in the microwave, then top with 1/2 cup of the pork mixture and some sour cream.  SO good!!  Makes 4 servings at $2.92/ serving!!
Brent said that he'd like to marinate the meat and then cook it on the grill.  Personally I like the way the corn tortilla tastes with it... so much healthier and more flavorful than a flour tortilla!  But I if he wants to cook it, heck... I'm game. :)  Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment