Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hummus... OH so good :)

I love hummus.  It's gotten to be a little bit of an obsession.  I eat it on cucumbers, carrots, crackers... and lately I've just started eating it with a spoon.  Brent thinks it's weird, but I've told him that's how people in the Mediterranean do it! (I have no idea if that's true)  Anyways I've started buying ridiculous amounts of the stuff.  In fact, it was on sale at Publix this week... so I bought 3 tubs.  Did I mention that Brent doesn't eat it? 

One really neat thing I did with the stuff last week was put it on chicken!  I know that sounds funny, in fact when I told my mom she said it sounded gross (thanks mom) but it's really good, really healthy, and REALLY cheap!

Hummus Crusted Chicken

2 chicken breasts pounded to 1/2 inch               $3.50
3 Tbs original or garlic flavored hummus           $1.89
Bread crumbs                                                 pantry
salt and pepper                                               pantry

1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Salt and pepper the chicken breasts
3. Spread the hummus evenly over the chicken breasts.  This is the glue for your bread crumbs!
4. Cover each breast in bread crumbs, place on baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.

It's almost like fried chicken, but with a nutty-flavor.  It's delicious. :)  $2.70/ serving

No comments:

Post a Comment